squire players are here listed alongside players of the more famous 52 ri telecaster, since Fender regards it as part of the “52 ri telecaster”. Behind the pickups Fender installs the famous “tray” bridge with chrome plating and three saddles. Neck on thistelecaster reissue 52 is equipped with a regular U contour and bolt-on joint.
telecaster reissue 52 specs:
- The lead pickup no longer has the two notches in the black pickup base for the winding wires.
- Gradual use of phillips head screws replaces slot head screws (this change was not complete till 1953).
- Knurled chrome plated brass knobs with a round top.
- Late 1952: pressed jack cup replaced milled jack cup. An added internal metal plate is used inside the body jack hole to secure milled cup.
- Walnut peghead truss rod plug is more oval shaped.
- Late 1952: Wiring changes on Tele. Now instead of the last knob being a “blend” control (allowing both pickups to be used at the same time), it now becomes a tone knob. The 1950-1952 wiring used a .05mfd cap between the 3 way switch and the volume pot, and a 15k resistor coming off the 3 way switch.