Among the best known products made by Fender were the fender 52 tele, the Broadcaster and the Esquire.
fender 52 tele specs:
- The lead pickup no longer has the two notches in the black pickup base for the winding wires.
- Gradual use of phillips head screws replaces slot head screws (this change was not complete till 1953).
- Knurled chrome plated brass knobs with a round top.
- Late 1952 tele: pressed jack cup replaced milled jack cup. An added internal metal plate is used inside the body jack hole to secure milled cup.
- Walnut peghead truss rod plug is more oval shaped.
- Late 1952 tele: Wiring changes on Tele. Now instead of the last knob being a “blend” control (allowing both pickups to be used at the same time), it now becomes a tone knob. The 1950-1952 wiring used a .05mfd cap between the 3 way switch and the volume pot, and a 15k resistor coming off the 3 way switch.